Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Gay Marrige and Adoption


This year we had an opinion piece on gay marriage. Firstly, I would like to say to Maine I am surprised and overwhelmed that gay marriage was passed. I am very proud of Maine for not being the prejudice jerks I thought us to be. I now officially think differently about Maine and the people who live in Maine. Secondly, I think that all people whether they are gay, lesbian, straight or bisexual should all have the chance to get married. I think that everybody should have the joy of being married. Also, the joy of getting divorced if they made the wrong decision. If straight people get to go through with all the pain and agony of marriage and/or divorce why shouldn't every single other person on this earth??? That is my opinion.

Now if we could get it so everybody could adopt a child if they are eligible that would be nice. Many adoption agencies ask a person if they are homosexual or heterosexual. Should it matter? If a person can be an good or amazing parent then why should it matter??? There are so many parents out there that have children of their own or that they adopt that are abused. Everyday more and more children go into the adoption program. There need to be more and more gone into adoption. This is an opinion piece I would like to write more about.

No comments:

Post a Comment