Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"Dougnut-Hole Country"

In English we read a magazine article from Newsweek called "Doughnut-Hole Country." In this article I think that I am a "Stayer." I am moving to another state not to far away and the town will be much like the one I live in now. I am going to further my education, I am going to go to a college. On the other hand I am going to travel to that college, I am not going to live on campus or in that city. I think that I would prefer that.

I have a son and I'm going to have a family. I lived in a city when I was younger and I thought it was scary, revolting and disgusting. I can never let my son see the things that I saw or some of the things that go on in a city. Also, I want to have a large yard, a place where I can have animals and maybe a farm... I think that would be nice

I think that a rural area is a good place to have a family. I think that it is because there are fewer people and you get to know them and have trustworthy people around you. Also, where I am moving I will have family that I can trust, and that I enjoy. I will enjoy being around people I like and trust. Having a large piece of land I think would be great, if I can not have a piece of land large enough for a farm then at least I can have a piece of land where my family can be outside and play and have fun.

Also, I enjoy the woods and nature. Not many people know that or can tell just by looking at me but I do. Walking through the woods or down the road is peaceful and calming. There is nothing like it. If you have not done it.... You should. I go for a walk when I get nervous or stressed or have some kind of feeling I can not sort. I even go "hunting" sometimes. All that consists of is walking with somebody else who has a gun. I don't like guns so it works out well.

1 comment:

  1. I am sad to think that you're going to be a "stayer" somewhere else! I know that this is who you are; I just wish that I'd get to bump into you and Alex every now and then. Since this won't happen, you're going to have to keep in touch!!

    ReplyDelete