Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Book


In the month of March we read After by Amy Efaw. This book was one of the most powerful and amazing books that I have EVER read. I was unable to go to the meeting this month, unfortunately I had other stuff that had to be done.
At the begging of the book Deven (main character) was at home like any other teenage girl who skipped school. Her mother comes home from her night ship job.... Then..... Anyway, I do not want to go into full detail in case who ever may be reading this would like to read the book. In any case Deven had a baby in her bathroom the night before the book starts, she put it into a dumpster, cops come to her apartment for a routine check to ask questions then they find out she had a child, she goes to juvenile hall, goes to court, and then the book ends......
I personally think that there MUST be another book. The way that this book ended just wanted to make me throw the book across the room!!!!! You HAVE to read it to figure out what I mean. It truly is an amazing book. Also, I am very excited because I want to read another book, and the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment