Monday, March 22, 2010

Double Standered


This is something that I missed so I am posting it onto the blog. This poem is "To a Lady, Who Valu’d Herself on Speaking Her Mind in a Blunt Manner, Which She Call’d Being Sincere" by 
Mary Barber.

Well you Sincerity display,

A virtue wond’rous rare!

Nor value, tho’ the world should say,


You’re rude, so you’re sincere.

To be sincere, then, give me leave;

And I will frankly own,

Since you but this one virtue have,

'Twere better you had none.


This is my translation of what I think that the poem means:

*Translation*
You show honesty,
Your morals are high which make it rare,
Your value is not what they would be if it were me,
You are rude which for a man means that you care?,
If you care then let me leave be honest!,
And I will be true and honest,
Since you only have this one horrible trait,
It would be better if you didn’t have any.

This is my poem that I wrote about a double standered.








*Mine*


She works and works,
With little pay,
She went to college got that education,
With those amazing grades and references,
He works and bosses people around,
With all that free time and pay,
He went to college,
Got fine grades with unearned references.

No comments:

Post a Comment