Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Grizzly Man


Today we were to told to pick one of six people that did something different in this world, something odd as you might say. I watched a YouTube video on "Grizzly Man." This man went into the wild to protect bears. Not many people would leave their life to spend 13 years in Katmai National Park and Preserve, Alaska. I personally think that we could learn a lot from this man. His real name is Timothy Treadwell. At times Timothy would eat near the bears and sometimes touch them. I wish that I could know why he did this, what inspired him to go out into the wild and leave his old life behind. He ate just like the bears did. I think that this can show the world that we do not need all the "junk" we have today. We don't need junk food or fast food. Also, I think that he did this to show us that there is not anyone who will protect animals in the wild. We need more protection for wild animals.

My path is different too. I am going to college at a community college about 200 miles away from where I am now. I have a son, I am going to get a job and pursue my life as a student and mom. I am going to save to money so that I can own my OWN home, with my own rules and nobody except me to tell me how to raise my child because I am living under THEIR house.
I am getting a job hopefully somewhere that pays well. I am going to college and maybe even transferring later in my college life. I think that from my life I want people to learn that being a teen mom is not easy and fun, it is hard. I want moms to stay in school and be all that they can be. There are limits to what a teen mom can do, but most of those limits come from themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment