Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Movie


I went to see the movie The Lovely Bones. I have not been able to read the book yet. The book is written by Alice Sebold. Now that I have watched this movie I definitely want to read this book. I think that this movie was confusing at times but after a little while I understood it. I watched the movie with people who had read the book already and they kept commenting and making faces when certain scene's came up. I am very excited that I get to read the book. In the beginning, it shows how the thirteen year old girl lived and then it never really shows exactly how she dies. Not being able to know how she died made my mind run sooooo much. During the movie it showed every girl that he killed. The youngest girl that this man killed was six. How could he kill a innocent six year old girl? The main portion of the girls that this man killed were thirteen years old. This man started killing and the more he killed the less amount of time he waited to kill the next girl. The man planned different ways to kill them, the ones that I can remember where mainly like little houses. He was somebody that the girl knew, saw often, in her neighborhood. The girl had a life, had a date later that week. She had a sister and a family. There were so many parts of this movie that were so sad and made me cry. At the end of the movie the killer dies and it made me laugh so hard, he died in pain. His pain did not last long but he got what he deserved. He was trying to pick another girl and I think he wanted to kill her too, she was older then thirteen but still. I am glad. Everybody has their own opinion and that is mine. Very well done movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment